BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rant

I am getting so frustrated with Doctors! We got new insurance so we had to find a new Doctor. Ella went to see one we were thinking of being her primary because she has been having coughing fits. That was all it was supposed to be instead they turned it in to a Wellness visit. They even asked if i wanted them to do a wellness visit and I said no. Anyways, they started up the whole thing of "she doesn't weigh enough"weighs 12lbs9oz length 25ins.... "we should be worried about her brain function"...."you don't feed her enough"....etc. they asked how much she eats and how often well she takes in about 4-5oz of formula every two hours when awake and eats 2 jars baby food a day. They said that I need to feed her 7-8ozs every three hours and to wake her up at night for feedings also. The problem is that when I try to give her more than 5oz she will not take it or she trows up. We have done the adding cereal to the formula...we have done high calorie formula and it doesn't make a difference. AHHH!!! In the last 7 months there has been 11 babies born in our ward. Ella is the healthiest. She is alert, she talks (babbles and will says mama), she has two teeth, she reaches for toys and looks for them when they fall, she observes everything around her, and loves studying faces. If this is what an unhealthy malnourished baby is then we have a lot of 20lb 6month olds who are "malnourished" I mean i am wrong? Am I malnourishing my child? Should I be worried? They just make me feel like a horrible mother when they start down my throat like this.

2 comments:

Lance and Celeste said...

You have every right to rant, but don't worry Alexis wighed 13lbs 9oz and was 26 inches tall at 6months. Find another doctor, until you are happy with who you have and make sure you request your childs charts from the previous doctors.

Jed and Leona said...

i totally agree with celeste. they have no right making you feel like an inadequate mother. that is so ridiculous. definitely keep looking for a good doctor. just keep watching ella and if she's doing everything developmentally wise than she's fine. my kids are always so small. william weighs about the same as alexis and my doctors not worried. good luck with everything and keep telling yourself that you are a good mother, because you are!